Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun with Grandpa and Grandma

A couple of weeks ago I decided that, unless I get a mini vacation, Darrin would just have to take me to the nut house.

About the middle of January it just hits me. Ugh. Yuck. I need sun. I need the outdoors. I need flip flops.

I figured out the pattern about 5 or so years ago and started planning a little trip to California to visit my sister. This worked out very well, we got a change of scenery, some warm weather, and I got my glutinous fill of tangerines from my Grandparents backyard tangerine trees.

I would come home refreshed and ready to ride out the remaining winter into glorious spring.

Until this year.

I no longer work at IHC's preschool and I have my own preschool, which is really really great, except, for some reason the parents and kids don't like me cancelling preschool for a mid-winter vacation. Whatever.

So, we did the next best thing.

We ran away.

To Grandma and Grandpa Bradshaw's house.

Darrin took a Friday off work and we left that morning and spent the day building snow runs that only we were interested in riding after the hours of work and lost attention of the boys.

We played with new toys and enjoyed good conversation. We spent the night and had a great breakfast cooked for us.

Then we REALLY ran away.

Darrin and I left the boys in the capable hands of Grandpa (Grandma had a boring church meeting) and went to Salt Lake for some window shopping.

Then had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and decided to forgo our separate rooms and spent the night in the Fantasy Suite at the Anniversary Inn.

Meanwhile, Grandpa and the boys lived it up by going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the 'squeakquel' and then taking a trip to the ever loved Dollar Store.

Seriously, what Grandpa would be willing to do all those fun things with two craaazy boys? I was so touched.

Then when Grandma got home they loaded up and tried to go sledding up at Mounds. It was crazy deep with snow. So they ended up at Wellington Elementary and had a blast. Remy even ran over Grandma during one run down the hill.

We were ever so re-charged, and ever so grateful when we returned to pick up our boys.

We finished up the weekend visiting with Cindy and Kyle and their new boxer pup named Cosby. The boys fell in love with him and I think he liked them as well.

We were all able to have Sunday dinner with Great-grandparents Bradshaw, which was a real treat.

Thanks to G & G Bradshaw for the great weekend and also the fun pictures!


Has Anyone Seen Remy?


When all else fails, just lock 'em up!


Whee!

6 comments:

Nat said...

How fun!

Becky said...

Awesome! 2 weeks until we run away! he he he I love that our kids have fun grandparents that want to spend time with their kids. And we can trust them with them. lol Sounds like you guys had a great time as well! Hooray!

Cindy said...

Thanks for letting your kids enjoy Cosby. He LOVED them! It was great. Remy and Tate are his favorite cousins so far (since they are the only ones he has met). They were also lucky they got to meet him when he was so small. All the other kids are going to be afraid of him now, he's so big!

Madeline said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your vaycay...seriously though, just remember you're leaving behind people every time you do that...people who feel that YOU are THEIR vacation (even if only for a few minutes). Just something to think about. A little something to snack on.

Nat said...

I can't remember if I answered your questions, so if I did, just disregard this!

No, we don't know what we are having yet. My last ultrasound was at 10 weeks, and although we did see Nugget's arms and legs, we didn't see...anything else. But really?! Is there any question as to what this baby is?!

I am going to Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Care in PG. They are the same doctors who delivered Devin. We should get together sometime when we are up that way.

Lisa said...

That looks like lots of fun!