Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a great weekend.
We got up early on Saturday to attend the Draper temple open house. We went with Darrin's mom and dad, David, Betsy and Charlie, Cindy and Kyle, and Brady. The temple is so close to our house, I can't wait to be able to go do temple work there, but it was so great to be able to "tour" the temple and especially to see Remy and Tate take it all in. Everything, of course, was so beautiful.

We went in at the end to a sealing room and sat down while a couple talked about families being together forever. As we were leaving we were showing Remy how there were two mirrors on opposite sides of the room, creating the eternal reflection. Darrin was holding Tate and I had picked Remy up to show him. It was such a special moment for our little family to be there in the sealing room looking towards eternity. It was great to be there with Darrin's family too. I have grown to love them so very much and my love grows as the family multiplies and new outlaws are added and sweet little cousins are born.

We finished our classic Mormon experience off with a lunch at Chuck-a-Rama for Darrin's mom's birthday. Becky, Jeff and Cody joined us there. We enjoyed the fried chicken and scones and honey butter.


Remy, Brady, Kyle, Cindy, Darrin, Tate, Mike, Ruth, David and Charlie (Where's Betsy?)


Here she is!


The Boys LOVED riding the bus! Here is Tate with Cindy and Kyle.


Brady, looking suave!


Mmmmm, fried Chicken!



Later on that night we went to the new Beto's in Saratoga Springs (yea!!!) The boys both love steak, and I noticed they had this on their kids menu:

Carne Asada Fries $2.99

I thought, wow, Steak and Fries. Can't beat that! So I ordered it.
When it came I opened it up and it was a load of french fries with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and Carne Asada. It looked so good to me, but would the boys eat it?

I picked out the Carne Asada and put it in a tortilla to make a burrito for Remy which he LOVED and I was going to do the same for Tate...but he slid the box over in front of him, grabbed a fork and dug in.

That's my boy.


He's actually saying "Cheese" in this picture...he looks disgusted though :)


Last but not least, the boys have been sleeping together, so here is a picture of them tonight.

I swear, Tate is a heat seeking missile.

5 comments:

Nat said...

Adam and Tate have the same jammies! I'm gald you guys had fun!

Cindy said...

Yay! We had fun! Kyle can't wait to babysit Remy and Tate on Tuesday!

Ruth n Mike said...

Yo sneaky people, but thanks ! It's always great to be with fam!!!lOVE YA ALL

Becky said...

I love Tate's expression. That night Cody sang himself to sleep. Something about Tate and cookies. lol So cute the boys falling asleep together!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!

(That guy on the left looks a whole lot like his Grampa O.)