Monday, March 23, 2009

Drifting along.....

....like a tumbling tumbleweed.

Last year, it was original, awe inspiring, even comical.

The attack of the tumbleweeds!!!!!!



Then it happened again. This year the attack was hard hit & yet again awe inspiring. But not in the least bit comical. At. All.


OK, luckily this is not our house, but our poor neighbors house, 4 doors down.

I came around the corner after a very blustery day at work and saw these killer tumbleweeds and a huddle of my neighbors looking at the damage (it had hit all down our street, with our house being the least affected and hers the worst).

I pulled up to the group of down trodden and said the only thing that I could say, which by the way, I knew it was the stupidest question at the time, but it really had to be said...

"Um, what are you going to do?"

In my mind I am thinking...

**Well, we could throw a match in that pile of natural accelerate , that would surely take care of them...but also her house too.

**If we tried to push them away, they would just come back...like a possessed boomerang.

**We could decorate them and pretend it is the "cool" way to landscape and use the back door from here on out.

Well, ultimately a group of great neighbors got together armed with rakes and trucks and gloves and loaded up all the tumbleweeds that came to rest on Summit Way and trucked them far away to an un-disclosed location.

But alas...another windy day yesterday.



So, with snow coming, Darrin and I slaved in the back yard, toting the pests back out to the field nested up against the back of our next door neighbors fence.

Later on that night, the wind shifted. It blew the tumbleweeds up over the fence, into our neighbors back yard.

Mind you, we really didn't ever think THAT would happen...it has always worked before. That darn wind just blew in an unsuspecting way.

So, after watching our neighbors put the weeds BACK over the back of the fence into the field (we apologized, they understood), we went to bed, satisfied.

*************
Darrin went out to his car this morning to go to work.

It was surrounded by tumbleweeds.

It's like some insane game of tag.

I guess we're it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Nat said...

That is crazy!

Cindy said...

You should just put a giant net over your house so you never have to deal with it. It would also make a nice jungle gym for the boys!

wendy and brig said...

Holy Cow! I thought AZ had a lot of tumble weeds. Good grief that is crazy. I hope that poor family wasn't trapped in their house. Hope you are doing well. We miss you.

Joe and Liz said...

That is crazy!! I loved your decorating idea...maybe you could be the trendsetter for your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen anything like that!