Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let's Just Be Honest Here....

Side Point #1: I love to utilize this: ( ... ) These three little dots... It really is how my mind works...just kind of trailing off here and there...

Back to honesty (it is the best policy,you know!)

I don't like to "run" a.k.a. go jogging. Never have. Probably never will. I have tried it many times thru my life:

age 14 with friends to try to bring up endurance for neighborhood soccer games...hated it.

age 16 with friends because we thought we were "fat" and wanted to loose those huge pounds (ha ha ha, I wish I were that "fat" now!) Hated it.

age 20 by myself around BYU campus, because, well EVERYONE jogs at BYU. Not me. Hated it.

age 30 with my neighbors because I really am in need of loosing poundage. Hated it. Rationalized that even if I hated it I just had to do it anyway. Buck up and deal with it.

I even got a treadmill so I could be semi lazy and watch TV while I was jogging. Ugh. Still hated it.

Let's just be honest here. I just hate running. It's not remotely enjoyable. My treadmill was being used...just not for it's intended purpose...




So, I admitted defeat. I put it up on KSL and sold it the following day. I wish all the best to the new owner. I hope you enjoy it more than I did.


So, I can't just give up on exercise, right? Right? So, I really pondered what I actually like doing.

My mother and I used to take rides on our bikes everyday in the summer. Thinking of riding a bike brings warm memories and good thoughts. Not terror.

I did my research and found the bike that was the best quality, nice looks and everything in between. Then I decided, based on my previous history, that I should just buy a good quality one at Wal-Mart for now.

So, here is my new baby.

12 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am in the same boat. I ran (jogged slowly) my first 5K just because I've always wanted to, and I really just don't like it. It's not fun, relaxing, diverting, or anything. Maybe I'll like it better when I don't have to do it on the treadmill for fear of ice...

Cindy said...

Hey, running isn't for everyone! There's a billion ways to get a good cardiovascular workout. I told a guy missing his leg to make "snow angels" in his living room. Nice bike! Maybe someday we can go for a ride together when I get one of my own.

Anonymous said...

"Run for fun?! What the heck kinda fun is that!"

I may warn you about buying a "good quality" bike from Wal-mart. I bought one on my mission. It was falling apart after three months. I was able to get a heavily-used Trek for free five months later, which lasted me until the end of my mission with few incidents.

Jeramman!

wendy and brig said...

Hey Mandy, we just got the wii fit, sooooooo fun and it makes you very tired. I love it and it doesn't feel like exercise. I to hate running I have been trying it lately because I heard you can lose weight fast but I can only run for about 5 minutes without having a mild heartattack! HOpe you are doing good. Miss ya!

Nat said...

Clint ran 13 miles on Saturday. He loves it, and I think he is psycho. Congrats on the new bike! That is something you can do with your boys, too. Pull them along in a bike trailer, and you'll get an even better workout!

Betsy B said...

Oh, it's just lovely! Good times ahead with that baby, that's for sure! I like to run, but I get bored with the same exercises all the time. Maybe I should get a bike, too!!

ali-dot-e said...

Now all you need is the bike trailor and you will be set! You should bike out to my house!

Ruth n Mike said...

Hey, I have a stationary bike that Remy and I love! You don't get wet or cold, no dogs try to bite you and you can watch tv! I do like togo for a ride on an early morning in summer though. But watch out forthe sankes in Eagle mountain. Haha! Congrats on the new bike!

The Adams said...

Love it! Riding a bike is WAY better than running FORSURE!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on jogging. Here's my mind while jogging..."I'm jogging...still jogging...ow...still jogging...this is boring..." You get the idea (I love the dots by the way too!). I opted for an elliptical purchased from Craig's list and have it set up in the garage with a TV/VCR (yes, old school, I know) combo. It's semi-motivating.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the lack of the running gene, it's hereditary, and we lack it in our geneology. :-)

Trajan is outside practicing for the bike rodeo.

Becky said...

I hate running too. But I set a goal to do a 5k. It'll probably happen next year. I started to run, but then I read that you can't run when you're pregnant. So I stopped. Still walking though. Bike riding does bring back good memories. I've got a lot of good (and bad lol) memories from riding bikes. Darrin and I tried to go on a bike ride at night by Bates when their neighbor wanted to build a house and there was just a hole. It was WAY too dark for that though. And all the hills David and I did, just so we could go down them really fast. LOL