Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valenswine's Day!

We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day this year by taking my mom out to lunch. So the boys, Darrin, my mom and I decided to eat at Rib City. We indulged on smoked pork, beef and chicken. We had fried okra, french fries, garlic bread and baked beans. It was yummy!

While we were sitting there eating we figured out that Darrin, the boys, and I went to Rib City last year for Valentine's Day. Apparently there is some subconscience thing going on with the holiday and Southern BBQ.

So, we decided to make Southern BBQ and tradition for Valenswine's Day every year!!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Sounds like a great tradition! I love Tate's Depression clothes! :)

Anonymous said...

Jamaican' me hungry!

Becky said...

Mmmm. Rib City is good.

Gus Finley said...

Mmmm... Ribs...

When I was in Alabama I ate at this great barbeque place called DreamLand. It was spicy but nicey - you know what I'm say'n?

I found out that they sell thier BBQ sauce over the internet, so come spring, we'll be enjoying our own Southern Barbeque every once in a while!