Sunday, December 7, 2008

That's gonna leave a mark.

Yes, that's right, Darrin didn't see the rotary gerter and he totally rolled his ankle the other day at work. He really thought he had broken it because it hurt so bad (this coming from the man who passed 6 kidney stones last month without meds).

It turned out to be some pulled tendons, which apparently hurts worse than a broken ankle. He went to the "UPS doctor" and was told he was fine and the doctor put him on full duty...Ha!

We called some friends and they came to give him a blessing that night. The next day he tried on 6 pair of shoes trying to find some that would go over his brace, but still allow him to work. Ha!

He finally settled on his good ole boots, which gave him some good support. He got home that night, and took his boots off and we saw this:



It was just as bad on the inside and all over his toes too. I decided that was one of the coolest, but grossest things I had seen in a while.

He was given a runner for the last week, which was a blessing, so he could heal. He is getting better, but I have enjoyed calling him peg leg pete all week because of his new gait.


PS, If the title of the post and the first line make no sense to you, then ring your call button and I'll have Tommy here come over and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you are a REtard. (um, just watch Tommy Boy, okay?)

8 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

oh my gosh!!! poor darrin!! ouch, that's gotta' kill.

Cindy said...

Ha ha! Nice Tommy-isms there. Well, hey! Darrin doesn't have to fake his retard walk anymore, it just comes naturally!

Mikelle said...

Are his shoes Italian, they're worth more than his life!! Just kidding, I just love any chance to use Tommy Boy!! And that is the nastiest bruise I have ever seen!! Hope it feels better soon!

Becky said...

Ouch! I know that hurts because I've pulled tendions myself in my ankle as well. Gett better! (I have the kit still if you want to use it, still got the cruches too. lol)

Anonymous said...

It's not so bad here or here...but right here. Definitely not "ship-shape".

Dawn said...

so I got a UPS delivery yesterday and there were 2 people in the truck (it was dark at night) so I didn't see if it was Darrin...but what if...

Oh and I actually do have a trip to disneyland planned for 3 days after christmas this year!! And I am also going to go for my birthday next year because everyone can get into Disneyland for free on their birthday!! So you should go too!

Anonymous said...

Ow!!

Anonymous said...

The background to that picture looks vaguely familiar.... sweet bruises! Any of them shaped like the UPS logo?

May you should post this on the UPS website and they can have a section called "What we go through for you!"