Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's All Relative

****may contain offensive words****

So, Remy had Influenza last week and had a really high fever one night (105.6). Darrin gave him a priesthood blessing and we got him in the bathtub and cooled him down. The next day Remy was talking to me about the blessing that his dad gave him. We talked about the priesthood and that only boys get the gift of the priesthood and how cool it was that he would someday have the priesthood just like dad.
Fast forward to Today....
Somehow the subject of blessing and the priesthood came up (I can't for the life of me recall how)and I was asking Remy if he remembered what the priesthood was. I said, "who gets to have the priesthood?" Tate immediately raises his hand and shouts "Me!!" I am sure he had no idea what he was volunteering for, but hey it was great he volunteered!
Our conversation continued and I said, "Remember Remy only boys have the priesthood and girls get to have babies and be mommies?" He thought about it for a second and said thoughtfully, "So, is priesthood another word for penis?"
I about died laughing. I tried my hardest to hold it in because he was so sincere I didn't want to laugh at him. We explained that he had made a good observation but it wasn't exactly like that...hopefully he gets it and doesn't embarrass us in Primary one of these days!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Wow! That is so funny! With a thinker like that, don't hold your breath on not being embarrassed in Primary!

wendy and brig said...

Remy is so funny! I love to read everything he says to you.
I also love this blogging thing. I feel like we keep in touch so much more now. We miss you guys. Come and visit us sometime, we would love to have you!
-Wendy

Macy Perrone said...

your kids say the funniest things! i love it!!!

ali-dot-e said...

I can't stop laughing, that is HILLARIOUS! Kids can think so fast it amazes me!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny!

Gus Finley said...

Oh my goodness! I'm blushing... or just laughing so hard my face is going red. Remy cracks me up!! I hate to say it but I was preparing a lesson on the priesthood for primary. I probably won't quote him in my lesson...