Sunday, March 16, 2008

I hope they call me on a mission....

Remy is such a thinker. We were coming home from visiting teaching on Wednesday (he's not actually my partner, but due to Darrin's random schedule, he and Tate went with me this time) and we had the following conversation (note: he is obsessed with the Xylophone that Darrin has from his mission to Nicaragua)
Remy: Mom, if I go other places to my mission, can I still get a xylophone?
Mandy: I am sure where ever you go you will be able to find a xylophone to bring home.
R: Where did Uncle David go on his mission?
M: Canada
R: Did he get a xylophone?
M: No, but I am sure we could ask him to see if he ever saw a xylophone.
R: Where did Uncle Kyle go?
M: Mexico, and I am sure he saw a xylophone there.
R: How do you go on a mission mom?
M: You have to go to church, read your scriptures, say your prayers, and then you fill out some papers and talk to your Bishop and he sends it to the Prophet and then the Prophet tells you where to go on your mission.
R: Can I tell him I want to go to Nicaraba?
M: Yes, you can.
R: Mom, is someone going to tell me what to say on my mission?
M: Yes, Daddy and I will teach you all you need to know for your mission, and so will your primary teachers. That is why it is important to listen in primary and to listen to Daddy and I.
R: Mom, how do big people fit in a bath tub?

I guess in the grand scheme of things, missions, xylophones and bathtubs and all one in the same!

6 comments:

Nat said...

How funny! I love to see the way the wheels turn in their little heads!

ali-dot-e said...

I love remy! Is at my favorite age! I miss sitting and talking to the kids at daycare. We need to get Ethan and Remy together and tape their conversation, it would be hillarious!

ali-dot-e said...

I love remy! He is at my favorite age! I miss sitting and talking to the kids at daycare. We need to get Ethan and Remy together and tape their conversation, it would be hillarious!

Becky said...

Love it! Such a funny kid!

wendy and brig said...

Mandy long time no talk! I hope everything is going well. What a funny conversation with Remy. I love the funny things kids say. Miss you tons!
Love, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so awesome! We can't wait to see you guys again!!!