Wednesday, March 16, 2011

moving right along

Darrin got home on Friday night from work around 6:30 and immediately started ripping up carpet. He would rip up a section of carpet and then Tate, Remy and I would start pulling out the staples in the floor from the padding. We had a good little routine going. We worked until 9:00, then put the boys to bed.

I ran over to a friends house at 10:30 to watch over their sleeping kids while they took dad to the hospital (he had a SEVERE allergic reaction to something and had crazy hives all over his body). I got home around 2:00 am and Darrin had ripped out the carpet on the stairs and pulled out all the staples while I was gone.

We finally crashed and woke up on Saturday and Darrin finished ripping up the downstairs carpet while Remy and I took a load of carpet and tack strips to the dump. (It was our 'date'. Upon learning about what we were going to do on our date, Remy said, "we are going on a date to the dump??")

We only had one real injury when Remy stepped on a tack strip...ouch.

So, here are some pictures of our progress:


The hall



Our Bedroom



Our minimalist decor

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, love the lawn furniture! You don't have to worry about anything spilling on it!

Nat said...

Very nice! I love the new flooring! We moved into our house 5 years ago and vowed that the flooring was the first thing to go. Yep. It's still here. There's nothing wrong with it; I just think it's ugly. But with 5 little boys, I am hesitant to replace it with something brand new. And un-stained. Someday...

Madeline said...

Thanks for helping out with the whole allergic reaction thing...your decor is very reminiscent of my second mission apartment.