Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas, the boys are entering a new season of toys and things are getting more exciting (and more expensive). We had a ton of fun shopping for them and they have enjoyed the new toys they received for Christmas.

I must say that this Christmas season has been one of the harder ones. We really do miss our daddy during the time that he is playing Santa Claus. Darrin works long hours during the year, and we are used to him leaving the house at 6:30 in the morning and getting home around 6:30 or 7:00 each night. But, November and December are especially hard because he usually doesn't get home until 8:00 or 9:00 AND it get's dark around 5...which makes it seem extra long.
Adding to that, Mr. Tate got his tonsils out on December 17th. I was so blessed to have both of my mother's help the day he got his tonsils out. However, it was just the boys and I for the long road of recovery through Christmas.

Needless to say, I am glad that Christmas is over so we can have our dad back!

But, enough of the Debbie Downer.
We do have a good job and we were blessed to have a good Christmas!!
We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here at our house with our little family and my mom and then on Boxing Day we went to Wellington to visit with Darrin's family which included a special visit from Darrin's older sister Angie and her family. It was so great to see them and I am always reminded just how much I love them every time we get to see them! She has some great, fun kids and I really enjoy talking to her.


Cosby teaching Remy how to shake.


Tate's firehouse/police house.


Remy riding his electric scooter, wheeeeee!!!


The boys both got personalized M&M's from Aunt Lisa, they LOVED them!


They also got robes, which they immediately put on.


The boys have been DYING to have pillow pets....I was not going to pay $20 for a stupid pillow......thank you 2 for 1 deals and Great Grandpa and Grandma Miller!!!!





Yes, Remy got a loaf of Grandma Sycamore's White bread. It is a real treat in this wheat bread household :)




Remy got a cotton candy machine....oh yah baby!




Leapsters from Santa....also a 2 for 1 deal....go Santa!

The boys also really lucked out and got lots of legos from their grandparents, which apparently, I didn't get pictures of..... I think they were whisked away so quickly that I missed my chance!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Lookin' good!

Macey says she wants all of the things that she saw in the pictures next year for Christmas. LOL!

Madeline said...

Usually I think Remy looks like you, but in that last picture he really looks like Darrin!

AmyJo said...

I love the excitement on their faces. Christmas is fun because of the kids, huh?!

AmyJo said...

and...I had a good laugh about Debbie Downer! It does feel better for just a little bit to be her though. ;)

Joe and Liz said...

Mmmmm... Grandma Sycamore's bread. Remy likes the good stuff!