Thursday, July 1, 2010

I never thought I'd be married to a 35 year old






I got married when I was 21, you know, all grown up and mature and responsible.

Well, so I thought. But, I'd look at all the "old couples" in the ward with kids in school and with a house and a real job. I just couldn't even imagine being one of those "old couples".

Just a couple months later, so it seemed, I woke up next to a man that is 35.

Um, when did that happen?

I guess somewhere between the hoopty one bedroom in Provo, 2 kids, 6 cars, 4 moves, and a ton of good memories.

Now I guess were one of those "old couples" that aren't really that old. Funny how that happens.

But, in all fairness, I really really really love that 35 year old who I wake up to everyday. I thought I loved him when I married him 11 years ago, but boy, I didn't realize how much more I could love him 11 years later.

Happy Birthday Darrin, thank you for your patience, love, humor, hard hard work, teaching moments, laughter and for being you.

9 comments:

Nat said...

Thirty five?! You are an old man, Darrin! :) I hope you had an awesome birthday!

Mandy~ They did the amnio to check for lung maturity. Yes, I will be delivering up there. We'll be at Timp if you want to stop by! I just need to know before hand because I have to turn in a list of approved visitors. I guess it is some silly security thing...

Mandy said...

We would LOVE to drop by!!! And, ouch...that's a tough thing to go thru!!

Betsy B said...

Yeah Darrin! At least you're not single and still living with your parents. That would be stinky to be that old and still living with the ma and pa. Happy Birthday!

Ruth n Mike said...

Hey Becky, We resemble that remark and and you think you guys are old, wait till you get our old age and the old age fun starts in. You name it ---it's a pain all over the old body, ouch!!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Darrin!

AmyJo said...

Great post! This point in life always had seemed so far away. :) It does seem like it snuck up! You've gone through 6 cars?! Were you guys collecting? ;)

Nat said...

Pssst...

...we'll be here until tomorrow morning if you want to stop by! If not, that's fine too!

Lisa said...

Aw, Happy Belated Birthday Old Man Darrin!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Brother! You rock!