Sunday, April 25, 2010

Food! (for cheap)

I joined the community food co-op (bountiful baskets to some), thru Urban Crossroads Center. I went to pick up our first order of food this past Saturday, and I was very impressed!

This is what I got:
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 8 oz. sirloin steaks
2 lbs. chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
2 pounds pork, cubed

2 avacados
5 bananas
5 oranges
5 pears
5 lbs red potatoes
small carton cherry tomatoes
1 bunch asparagus
1 head cabbage

for $24.

Awesome!! So, here is the link if you want to sign up! Food Co-op

5 comments:

AmyJo said...

Sounds awesome and yummy!

Heidi said...

Where did you have to go to pick up? I just picked up a Boutiful Basket for my parents yesterday and I think they are two seperate things. I don't see meat on the Bountiful Basket order form, but they don't require you to volunteer I don't think.

K. Crisler said...

We have been doing this for a few months and it really is the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Nice deal...Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for commenting on my blog, by the way. I was beginning to think no one read it.

DnD Gibb said...

So good to catch up on your family. They are growing too fast and getting more handsome all of the time. We must get in touch soon 'cause I miss those boys and you. Love, Dian