Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vivian Park

We got back from California and Darrin was able to take a few days off to recover from working so much....most days for him are 11 to 12 hours.

In the heat.

Anyway, we took the boys up to Vivian Park. We took their bikes and a little lunch. We had a blast! Tate is so fast on his little bike, he will probably be riding without training wheels before Remy.

Did I mention I will pay anyone $20 bucks to successfully teach Remy how to ride a bike without training wheels?




My handsome boys


Mommy and Remy


Mommy and Tate


When did he grow up?


My baby


Who can resist that smile?


My little Climber


Remy on his bike


Tate on his bike

10 comments:

Niki said...

Love the pictures! Only $20? :)

Mandy said...

Yes, I may go as high as $21...

Betsy B said...

I'd teach him to ride without training wheels, but I've crashed so many times that I actually am a little intimidated by bikes myself. Don't tell. Darrin must have been working a lot. He's even wearing brown on his day off. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Snyder Family said...

I have heard that you remove the training wheels and pedals, let him use his feet to balance, and practice that way for awhile, then put the pedals back on and he should be able to get the hang of it faster.

Cindy said...

I bet Kyle could successfully teach him. And I bet he would jump at the chance (this is Remy we are talking about here)! He recently built a bike for me and retaught me how to ride because it had been so long that I pretty much forgot.

Mandy said...

Sweet Cindy! Sounds Good!

wendy and brig said...

Your boys are so stinkin cute! Kate still isn't riding a two wheeler. We bought this thing that goes on the back of the bike so you can help balance them but then you also don't have to bend down and kill your back. Good idea but Kate is terrified of falling. It doesn't help any either that it is 112 degrees during the summer so that leaves only the winter to teach her.

janelle said...

I didn't realize how big your boys are! I was actually just thinking about your baby shower for Remy. Anytime I hear the phrase "Moses Basket" I think of that shower. That was the first time I had ever seen one.

It looks like everyone had fun at the park. Good luck with the bikes!

Lisa said...

*Very* Nice pictures!
Give Remy time - he'll get it! They don't really get coordinated enough til about 7 years old. :-)

The Mom said...

Hey, send Remy over with his bike. We are up for the challenge. I bet we could do it. You guys are dang cute!!