Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Land of the free, because of the brave

Jordyn trying on the body armor.



Remy is not trying to look vicious, he is just trying to keep the helmet on his head!



Salute Soldiers!


My good friend from way back in middle school, Jorge Sanchez, joined up with the Marines out of high school. He served his 5 year term and a mission to Ireland and then became an Army recruiter. He was such a good recruiter that he recruited himself into the Army National Guard. He served in Iraq and came back about a month ago. I invited him to be a "special guest" at my preschool on July 3rd. He came in his uniform and brought all sorts of cool stuff. He totally impressed the kids and they had an awesome time!! Thanks Sgt. Sanchez!!!

5 comments:

Betsy B said...

That's awesome! Remy, that helmet sure looks heavy, way to hold it up!!

Becky said...

That's so cool! He seems familiar... hmm. I love how Remy looks!

Joe and Liz said...

Hey Mandy. I'm glad you guys had fun in Bear Lake! Cute pictures! It was so crazy getting on to your blog and seeing a picture of Jorge! I had wondered what he ended up doing. That's crazy he was over in Iraq. You'll have to tell him hello from me if you see him again. Hope you're enjoying your summer!!

Mikelle said...

How fun, I didn't realize that Jorge had gone over to Iraq!!
That's so fun you guys still keep in touch!

ali-dot-e said...

You are great!! I bet the kids had a lot of fun! We Just got back from Bear Lake, Tons of Fun I could live there and be happy for the rest of my life!!